24 Mar Are you ready to turn your jewellery into your wallet?
Is there an easy way to add money to a key fob, wristband or jewellery? Yes, there is. It’s called CCP, and its makers believe it can tackle the security and convenience issues people have about cards and mobile money wallets…
Proponents of digital money have lots of good reasons to dismiss cash. Here are three.
1. It’s dirty
2. It’s expensive (commissions on cash transactions can be more pricey than electronic exchanges)
3. It invites embezzlement and kickbacks
But the truth is there are some equally strong counter-arguments such as…
1. It’s low risk (you can only lose what you possess – with digital money, you can have your account emptied)
2. It’s democratic – kids and the unbanked can use it freely
3. It doesn’t need a network connection
Fintech firms and experts have thought hard about these wrinkles. Is there a way to combine the best of both worlds?